Annual Maintenance Inspection(s):
FOUNDATIONS, BASEMENTS AND YARDS
- Clean and check gutters and downspouts.
- Inspect plant growth around foundation.
- Inspect foundation for cracks, crumbling mortar, or pest infestation.
- Examine basement for water/moisture damage.
- Clear debris from doorways, window wells, and storm drains.
- Annually power wash deck, driveway and walks; inspect for cracks, breaks, or erosion.
- Check fences and gates for ease of operation, condition of structure, and materials.
- Annually power wash building exterior:
- Check bricks for cracked mortar or loose joints.
- Check siding for loose or missing pieces, lifting, warping, or signs of mildew.
- Check painted surfaces for signs of paint failure (peeling, chipping, blistering, chalking), water damage and mildew.
- Examine all trim for damage, or decay.
EXTERIOR WALLS, WINDOWS & DOORS
- Check condition of caulking.
- Check windows for cracked or broken glass, loose putty, holes in screens, and moisture.
- Check operation of windows, doors, and locks.
- Check weather-stripping on windows and doors for damage and air infiltration.
- Inspect garage doors for loose bolts at rollers.
- Check automatic garage door openers for safety reverse operation.
- Inspect for tree branches that scrape or hang over the roof.
- Check for curled, damaged, loose or missing shingles.
- Examine all flashing on roof and penetrations (chimney, vent stacks, skylights).
- Check chimney, vents and louvers for free air movement and remove birds nests and debris.
- Check attic for adequate insulation and signs of roof leaks, mold, or pest infestation.
- Check all ceilings and walls for cracks, loose or failing plaster, signs of leaks or stains, dirt and finish damage.
- Check for odor or evidence of mold/mildew.
- Check caulking and grout around bathtubs, sinks, and showers.
ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS & FIXTURES
- Inspect, trip, and reset all circuit breakers and GFCI outlets.
- Annually inspect and clean clothes dryer vent to exterior.
HEATING & COOLING SYSTEMS
- Replace system filters every three months.
- Inspect duct work every other year.
- Clean bathroom exhaust fan grills/blades.
- Check shut-off valves and hose connections at sinks, toilets, laundry equipment, and main water line.
- Inspect toilets for stability and leaks.
- Check exposed gas lines for leaks.
- Inspect and tighten garbage disposals.
- Check and fill basement floor drains.
- Check water heater for temperature, flame, soot stains, leakage or rust.
- Inspect sump pump operation and drainage to exterior every three months.
- Test smoke alarm and carbon monoxide alarms and replace batteries.
- Check the fire extinguisher gauge for proper pressure.
- Make certain outside security lighting is in good repair.
- Test security system.
After inspection is completed, customer will be supplied with full report with estimates and level of urgency for found issues.